Getting Packages Delivered on Time and Safely
Posted by AMS / Sunday, December 8, 2019
We’re close enough to the holidays for the little worries… will my packages be there on time? And unfortunately, will my packages be safe from thieves? We can help you with the first question by publishing the shipping schedules of the USPS, UPS and FedEx. Regarding the second concern, there are some tips that might help.
Shipping schedules are posted on the respective websites. If you need more details, follow the links to the websites.
Dec. 14: USPS Retail Ground shipments
Dec. 18: Alaska to mainland First-Class Mail
Dec. 19: Hawaii to mainland First-Class Mail and Priority Mail, also Alaska Priority Mail
Dec. 20: First-Class Mail Service
Dec. 21: Priority Mail; Also deadline for Alaska and Hawaii to the mainland through Priority Mail Express
Dec. 23: Priority Mail Express
Dec. 13: Last day to ship some UPS Ground packages.
Dec. 19: Last day to ship via UPS 3 Day Select.
Dec. 20: Last day to ship via 2nd Day Air.
Dec. 23: Next Day Air
Dec. 9: SmartPost
Dec. 16: Ground and home delivery
Dec. 19: Express Saver
Dec. 20: Several two-day options
Dec. 23: Overnight options: Standard, Priority and First Class
Dec. 25: FedEx SameDay, FedEx SameDay City Direct and City Priority
Nowadays we need to be concerned about packages being stolen from the front porch or apartment lobby. Here are some police tips that we hope can help keep your gifts safe.
- Have your package delivered to your work.
- Have your package delivered to the home of a relative or friend that you know will be home.
- Have your package held at your local post office for pickup.
- Take advantage of “Ship to Store” option that many stores offer.
- Amazon offers a “locker” feature that allows you to pick up your package from a secure location.
- Request that your package has signature confirmation upon delivery.
- Ask your carrier to place package in an area out of plain view.
The article also mentions Amazon Key, which can deliver into a garage, car trunk or home. There is another company, called BoxLock, which offers a variety of smart padlocks that work with compatible boxes that delivery people can put packages in.
We encourage you to take time to enjoy life and the good will that is uplifted at this time of the year.