Saturday, May 14, is a ‘big day’ coming up in May – the SCV Relay for Life! Relay for Life is a fundraising movement of the American Cancer Society in which communities across the world come together to honor and remember loved ones and help raise funds to support cancer research, provide help for cancer patients, provide access to screening and so forth.
The Santa Clarita Valley (SCV) community is holding a Relay for Life and AMS Fulfillment is proudly participating as a Team. We want to share some details to encourage you – our employees and friends – to attend the SCV Relay for Life with us. This is a community based walk event to celebrate our Survivors, remember those we have lost, and fight back as a community to end cancer.
At the cancer.org website we find the following information:
“Relay For Life is a movement, a community of like-minded survivors, caregivers, volunteers, and participants who believe that the future can be free from cancer. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, our community is currently connecting in different ways. While our fundraising might look different right now, our passion to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer is unchanged.
“When you participate in Relay For Life, you become a vital part of the American Cancer Society: a volunteer. You are now part of an organization of 2.5 million survivors, patients, advocates, volunteers, caregivers, and researchers doing everything within our power to save lives.”
The location of the SCV Relay for Life event is CENTRAL PARK, 27150 Bouquet Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, California, 91350. You can map the location HERE.
AMS Team participants will meet up at a Campsite Location, and details on the location will be shared soon. You can join the AMS group in person by registering HERE and also participate by donating. The AMS Team will setup a space to fundraise and hang out, with participants welcome to bring tents, chairs, and so forth.
What Are The Basics To Know?
* Relay For Life runs from 9 am – 9 pm on May 14, 2022* Food will be available for purchase throughout the entire event. (details coming soon) * Upon arrival, follow the direction signs and drive slowly to a parking spot. * Schedule of activities is available below. * You can participate in 2 ways: Walk and/or Donate
Schedule of Events
- 9:00 am – Opening Ceremonies
- 9:45 am – Team Lap/Introductions
- 10:00 am – 1:45 pm – Various performances on stage
- 2:45 pm – Road to Recovery event
- 3:15 pm – Survivor Lap
- 4:00 pm – 6:15 pm – Various performances on stage
- 7:30 pm – Luminaria Ceremony / Silent Lap
- 8:30 pm – Fight Back / Bell
- 9:00 pm – Last Lap / Closing Ceremonies
Fight Back with AMS
We come together as a community to fight back against cancer. Invite your family and friends to attend the event and support you and your fellow Relayers’ fundraising efforts.
Contact [email protected] for more details and please feel free to share the image below.