The Green Team at AMS reviewed our processes in detail. In addition to replacing traditional cleaning supplies with earth-friendly bulk products featuring refillable dispensers, we are eliminating paper usage wherever possible as we move toward electronic and hand-held technologies.
The team enhanced our recycling capabilities by adding corrugate bailers in every facility, and our recycling partner accepts “sandwiches” that combine plastic and corrugate together in bails. Separate receptacles for plastic, corrugate, aluminum, wood and non-recyclables are found throughout our facilities.
- All used corrugated boxes, paperboard and related material used in our warehousing and fulfillment processes
- All office paper products including copy paper, magazines and cardboard
- All soda containers, bottles, glass and other recyclables consumed by employees
Fulfillment companies are in a unique position in the global effort to protect our planet’s natural resources, and AMS makes a difference:
- We encourage our clients and packers to select right-size shipping packaging, reducing the need for void fill or dunnage and decreasing the cube on trucks and aircraft.
- We use paper dunnage and water-soluble packing peanuts; we do not use foam unless required by a client or specific need.
- We ensure that our procurement team works with suppliers that are like-minded in their approach to the environment.