Happy Earth Day! Thursday, April 22, 2021, AMS reflects on our Green Team Mission: As a leading national fulfillment company, AMS Fulfillment is committed to making a positive impact on the environment for the sake of future generations by operating our business at the highest standards of environmental sustainability.
AMS’ goals are to implement and mirror Green efforts across all AMS Locations West Coast and East Coast. We can accomplish this by partnering with external vendors to find more earth conscious sustainable packing and shipping supplies, and by recycling. Green Team Members are committed to inspire AMS employees and to recognize their endeavors with group audits at each warehouse, stay up to date, become carbon neutral, and engage with clients for Green Initiatives.
AMS GREEN TIMELINE:
- 2017- AMS adopted Vanpool, which minimizes our Carbon Footprint. As of today, AMS has adopted eight Vanpools. For the 22 vehicles we are able to take off the road, this would be the equivalency of the CO2 reductions. Additionally, Vanpools are cost-saving for employees on gas and car maintenance, and they reduce parking needs.
- In 2018, the Green Team implemented our first partnership with Republic in recyclable bin sortation to sort landfill vs. recycling.
- 2019, AMS implemented a companywide recycling program on warehouse floors.
- AMS adopted Eco Green cleaning agents by using natural disinfectants and cleaning solutions.
- Eco conscious packaging- Air filled plastics that are recyclable or compostable.
- 2020, partnered with energy saving consultants to reduce electrical consumption by 10% per hour of charge time from forklifts using charging stations. We have adopted rechargeable batteries. We are replacing our propane powered machinery with rechargeable battery-type machines. We are not contributing to the environmental destruction by releasing propane gases into the air.
- Cardboard recycling
- Recycle used metal products such as used racks.
- Exchanging and re-using used pallets with our vendor.
- LED lighting and natural skylights in every warehouse, saves electricity and purchase of non energy efficient bulbs which are exponentially more costly.
- Disposable compostable paper cups and table cloths for employee events. Purified water dispensers located in each warehouse encourage employees to use re-usable water bottles. In doing this we have replaced plastic water bottles which saves 90% cost of plastic and eliminates traces of BPA and other chemicals that can have negative health impact.
- In the future to adopt solar energy sourcing, carbon credits, and Client Participation.
- 2018 and 2019, Volunteer Committee gathered employees and our families from all locations for a “River Rally” cleanup of the Santa Clara River. Now that 2020 has passed, in 2021 the Volunteer Committee is coming back together stronger and more excited than ever to launch upcoming Volunteer Opportunities!
AMS Employees are encouraged to participate in Earth Day activities near their home town!
Antelope Valley, CA
Employees are encouraged to join the City of Lancaster on Saturday, April 24 for the “Earth Day Community Clean Up!” Clean-up kits with free goodies and Take Out & Chill cards will be available for pick-up at the vaccination sites, the Lancaster Recycling Center and at MOAH.
Waste Management will be providing large dumpsters for community members to use while cleaning up your home, your neighbor’s home, or even an area around the City where you see trash. Waste drop-off hours will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on April 24.
Trash can rolloffs will be placed in parking stalls located on:
- Beech Avenue between West Avenue J-6 and J-7 on the east side of the street
- Tierra Bonita at 44910 27th Street East Lancaster, CA 93535
- Rawley Duntley Park at 3334 W Ave K, Lancaster, CA 93534
- Maintenance Yard at 615 W. Avenue H, Lancaster, CA 93534
Santa Clarita, CA
Employees who live in Santa Clarita are encouraged to join the “Virtual Earth Arbor Day Celebration!”
Kicking off on April 10, the City will host a 12-day countdown to Earth Day on Green Santa Clarita’s Facebook page. There you will find valuable tips and information with a chance to win raffle prizes. Stay tuned on April 22 for the Virtual Earth Arbor Day celebration where the City will premiere a video program that celebrates Santa Clarita’s history as a green City and provides environmental tips from the City’s Urban Forestry team, Green Santa Clarita and Hike and Bike Santa Clarita!
Free Mulch Drive-Thru to celebrate Earth Arbor Day, residents are invited to the lower parking lots of the Centre at 20880 Centre Pointe Parkway where visitors can pick up a free bag of mulch on Saturday. April 24 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Each car is limited to one bag of mulch, while supplies last.
New Holland, Pennsylvania
Help celebrate Earth Day by planting trees and cleaning up Long’s Park, 04/22/21 from 9:00am-2:00am! Any questions please contact Lydia Martin, Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay at [email protected] or via 717-475-3964.
New Castle Delaware
Scavenger Hunt From April 19th – 23rd, take part in our Earth Day and Arbor Day Scavenger Hunt. It’s easy to participate and loads of fun! Here’s how to join: https://www.delawareestuary.org/earthandarbor/
AMS’ Green Team strives to make every day Earth Day!
Thank you to the AMS Green Team and Samantha Hicks, Sr. Administrator, Human Resources Benefits, for compiling this report!