Close this search box.
Close this search box.
Close this search box.

AMS’ safety record is no accident: OSHA Challenge & VAX Clinic #22

Warehouse Safety - AMS FulfillmentReaders of this blog might remember a past OSHA challenge in which the crew at Witherspoon took the trophy. We called it a competition where everybody wins. COVID got in the way of our OSHA Challenge last year, but this year we are back at it and we have another winning crew!! Congratulations WILLIAMS!!

The competitors are graduates of the AMS OSHA Safety Program, which began in the fourth quarter of 2016. During our challenge, each warehouse appoints a team of safety advocates to represent them in the competition. The advocates are given the task of spreading out in a specific building and finding staged safety violations.

The following message is from Matthew Warholy, AMS Security & Safety Supervisor:

“We had a very challenging and exciting Safety Challenge this year with all warehouses represented at our HQ location. Trash talking was encouraged before we started and boy did it fly (in a fun way).

“With 24 staged OSHA Safety violations, your safety advocates had 5 zones to search and only 15 minutes to complete each zone. Each team had a liaison following them around with a checklist of all the violations. Being on the OSHA Safety tour really helped our eagle-eyed contestants.

“The AMS warehouse bringing home the trophy and bragging rights until next year is……. WILLIAMS.

“I’d like to thank our expert liaisons, Taraya G., Samantha H., Robert F., Alonso V. and Angad G. They helped keep the contest in check and honest. I’d also like to thank Mark Fese for his hard work and advice. I look forward to next year’s contest.”

In addition to our OSHA challenge news, Marco Pelaez, AMS VP of Operations, has news to share regarding vaccination clinics on the AMS campus.

“AMS rolled out their second vaccination clinic with a great success delivering close to 100 vaccines which 70% of the vaccines were the second dose for our employees and family members, the other 30% were employees getting their first dose. AMS is planning to have a third mobile vaccination clinic on July 15th.

“Also, AMS is following CalOsha’s new regulations, where employees that are fully vaccinated can remove their face covering mask while working while the rest of the employees must continue wearing the face-covering mask.”

Thank you to Matt and Marco for the AMS Safety Reports. Images are of the vaccination clinic.



Recent Posts